Our volunteer dog walking program allows volunteers to take a dog out to enjoy the sunshine and have some new experiences! Current Asheville Humane Society volunteers may participate in our Urban Tails program after they have taken the following steps:
- Complete a volunteer orientation
- Complete basic service requirements
- Attend a Pooch Essentials Class
- Attend a Canine Body Language Class
- Dog walkers must be adults 18 and over, (juniors 13 and older may accompany parent or guardian)
- Volunteers must provide water and treats for their dog
To participate in this program, email volunteer[at]ashevillehumane[dot]org to set up an orientation before your first outing!