Do you have an interest in learning about how dogs communicate? Have you always wanted to learn how to effectively train a dog? Do you have a desire to help our dogs cope with the Shelter Environment? Great… because we need YOU!
As part of the Canine T.E.A.M. (training, enrichment, and more) Program, you will have a huge impact on the dogs in our care.
- We will show you the ins and outs of understanding how our dogs communicate with one another (and us!)
- You will work hands on with our dogs in our brand new Charm School and Timid Dog Programs
- You will help us during the most exciting part of a shelter dog’s stay… Playgroup!
- Learn the role and impact that Click to Calm has on our dogs in the shelter
- Provide in and out of kennel enrichment for our shelter dogs
- See the progress and success of your hard work first hand!
If you'd like to join the Canine T.E.A.M. or simply learn more, please sign up for this training session through the Volunteer Information Center online!
- Volunteer and Foster Information Session
- Completion of basic service hours
- Attendance at Pooch Essentials and Canine Body Language Classes.
Email volunteer[at]ashevillehumane[dot]org with questions.