You'll just need, fleece, a tennis ball, and scissors to make this fun dog toy!
- Cut two pieces of fleece into approximately 18 inch squares OR two strips approximately 18 x 6 inches.
- Lay the fleece pieces on top of each other and place a tennis ball in the center.
- Cut a small strip (approximately 1 inch wide by 4-6 inches long) of fleece.
- Use the small strip to tie a secure knot, encircling the tennis ball with the fleece as tightly as possible. The tighter the tennis ball is encased, the longer the toy will last for the dog.
- Use scissors to cut the fleece below the tennis ball into strips approximately 1 ½ - 2 inches wide or wider. More strips = more “legs” for the octopus and wider strips = larger braids (great for larger dogs).
- Braid the hanging strips to create the octopus shape, securing each braid with a small strip of fleece, knotted tightly. Tight braids last longer.
- Place toys in a bag or box labeled, DIY Dog Toys, and leave at the front door of the Adoption Center (not near the volunteer door) so they stay out of the elements.