Position Posting: Chief Financial Officer
Asheville Humane Society is currently seeking applicants for a highly motivated individual who will serve our organization in the full time position as Chief Financial Officer.
The CFO is responsible for all accounting functions, budgeting, and financial reporting of AHS, along with oversight of the human resource processes. This position maintains an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position leads and coordinates development of the annual operating budget. This position is also responsible for cash management and risk management of the organization and developing and maintaining internal controls, transaction processing operations and policies and procedures. This position has responsibility over the administration and coordination of the human resource function. The CFO will serve on the senior management team and assist and advise the Executive Director in strategic planning and leadership of the organization.
The CFO works independently under the supervision of the Executive Director to achieve performance goals. Position is responsible for oversight of the financial management of AHS by facilitating use of resources as designated in the annual budget to ensure the financial well-being of AHS. This position will guide the decisions of the organization by establishing, monitoring and enforcing both financial and human resource policy and procedure.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree in Accounting.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office, specifically excel, as well as proficiency in financial accounting software and database management.
- Five years’ experience in non-profit accounting, including: processing, reporting, and budgeting.
- Experience developing revenue and expense budgets and in meeting revenue goals while adhering to expense restrictions.
- Experience supervising and leading employees.
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with volunteers and co-workers in a professional manner.
Compensation is based on Experience
Asheville Humane Society and the Buncombe County Animal Shelter is an EEOC employer and a drug/alcohol and smoke-free work environment.
Please email resume and cover letter to telliott[at]ashevillehumane[dot]org.