If you’re interested in learning how to build enrichment items for the cats at the shelter and in foster care, this is the workshop for you! Our cat enrichment volunteer will guide the workshop, showing attendees how to create cardboard cat scratchers, box puzzles, and fleece catnip toys for the cats in the shelter and in foster care. These items improve the lives of shelter cats by giving them enriching activities to occupy the time they’re spending in their kennels, which decreases the instances of illness and behavioral issues in shelter cats.
Even if you can’t attend this workshop, please consider bringing some of the supplies that we’ll repurpose to make even more enrichment items for the animals! If you will be coming to the class, please bring the supplies with you, if you will not be at the class, feel free to drop them off at the Adoption Center front desk anytime during our open hours (Tuesday from 10am until 7pm and Wednesday through Saturday 10am until 6pm).
Needed supplies (for this workshop and future enrichment items):
- Cardboard tubes (like paper towel or toilet paper tubes)
- Clean, tape and staple-free corrugated cardboard
- Clean, tape and staple-free cereal-type boxes
- Egg cartons (any type except Styrofoam)
- Dowels (less than ½ inch diameter and at least 24 inches long would be best)
- Clean and dry potato chip-type bags (shiny and “crinkley”)
- Wire hangers
Reserve your spot for this workshop HERE!
Email volunteer[at]ashevillehumane[dot]org with questions.